Public Notice - International Selection Procedure Recruitment of a Science and Technology Manager in the category of Head of R&D Resources with a Bachelor (employment contract) (#3897)
FCiências.ID - Associação para a Investigação e Desenvolvimento de Ciências, through its Chairman of the Board of Directors, hereby announces the opening of an international call for the recruitment of a Science and Technology Manager, in the category of Head of R&D Resources, with a Bachelor degree, in the framework of the multiannual funding program contract of the Institute of Astrophysics and Space Sciences (IA), Base funding (Ref. UIDB/04434/2020), financed by Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P./MCTES through national funds (PIDDAC), in the form of an indefinite duration fixed-term employment contract, on exclusive regime, according to the Portuguese Labour Code and complementary legislation.I. Admission Requirements
Portuguese nationals, foreign and stateless persons may submit applications to this selection procedure, provided they hold a Bachelor degree1
in Management, Education or similar areas, and fully comply with the following requirements:
a) The Bachelor's degree must have been obtained at least 10 years ago;
b) Proven experience in Scientific Project Management and Human Resources in an academic environment;
c) Proficiency in Portuguese and English (written and spoken).1 Please note that Degrees obtained in foreign countries need a Portuguese Recognition issued by a Portuguese high degree Institution, according to the Decree-Law nr. 66/2018, of August 16th and the Ministerial Order nr. 33/2019, of January 25th. The presentation of such Recognition is mandatory for contract signature. More information can be obtained in: https://www.dges.gov.pt/en/pagina/degree-and-diploma-recognition.II. Preferential Requirements
a) Experience in extension activities, namely in the areas of Astrophysics and Space
b) Experience in educational activities;
c) Experience in organizing national and international meetings and conferences;
d) Relevant professional training on legal and financial aspects of international applications
e) Experience in activities associated with R&D institutions;
f) Support for national and international funding applications.III. Applicable Law
1. Portuguese Labour Code, as approved by Law No. 93/2019, of September 04th, in its
current version (CT);
2. Administrative Procedure Code, as published in Decree-Law No. 4/2015, of January 7th,
in its current version (CPA).IV. Work Plan
The objectives of the work plan are:
1) support for carrying out research project management activities at the Institute of
Astrophysics and Space Sciences, in the financial component and internal and external
2) support for the preparation of proposals for national and international competitions for
projects of the Institute of Astrophysics and Space Sciences;
3) active promotion of relevant collaboration opportunities;
4) participation in institutional and societal communication activities and school programs;
5) support for the organization and execution of various activities (national and
international) to promote science, including: sessions with Researchers and/or Students,
lectures in schools, public lectures and day and night observation sessions;
6) support for researchers responsible for R&D projects in the administrative and financial
execution, ensuring compliance with the rules of the funding program and with the FCT
and FCiências.ID regulations, namely with regard to the processes of acquiring goods
and services and contracting scholarship holders;
7) coordination of information on financial execution and on the scientific production of
projects and other R&D actions throughout and after the end of the projects' period of
activity, with data management on a specific scientific platform.
The work plan will support the objectives and strategy of the research unit, as set out in the Instituto de Astrofísica e Ciências do Espaço project (Ref. UIDB/04434/2020).V. Composition of the Jury
The members of the jury are:
• President – Francisco S. N. Lobo;
• 1st Member of the jury – José Afonso;
• 2nd Member of the jury – Alexandre Cabral;
• 1st Alternate Member of the jury – Jarle Brinchmann;
• 2nd Alternate Member of the jury – José Pedro Mimoso.VI. Place of work
The work will be developed at the facilities of Research Center IA – Institute of Astrophysics and Space Sciences, in Ajuda, Lisbon, Portugal.VII. Contract Duration
The full-time indefinite duration fixed-term employment contract is expected to start on June 2022, and will last until the Work Plan referred to in section IV is completed. It will have an expected duration until 31/12/2023, will not exceed the limits set in the CT, including an initial experimental trial period of 30 days. VIII. Monthly Allowance
The gross monthly salary corresponds to 1254,56 Euros, on exclusive regime, plus holiday and Christmas allowances, as well as food allowance in the amount and conditions set out for workers with a legal employment relationship under the Labour Code.IX. Evaluation of applications
1. Failure to comply with the Admission Requirements implies the non-admission of candidates in absolute merit.
2. The final classification of candidates is given on a scale of 0 to 100%.
3. Based on the assessment of the candidates' scientific and curricular background, each member of the jury presents a justified proposal for admission (final classification equal to or greater than 60%) or exclusion (final classification below 60%) for each candidate, according to the evaluation criteria referred to in paragraph 4.
4. Evaluation of the relative merit of candidates, will rely on the following criteria:
a) Curriculum Vitae – 70%;
b) Motivation letter – 30%;
c) Interview, if deemed necessary by the jury – 20%.
5. The jury may decide to interview the 5 best ranked candidates [in criteria a) to b) of paragraph 4], for clarifications and improved explanations of curricular elements. If there is an interview, the sum of the classification obtained in the evaluation criteria a) to b) will correspond to 80% of the final classification and the interview will correspond to 20%.
6. The jury shall deliberate by means of a roll-call vote based on the evaluation criteria.
7. Minutes of the jury meetings are drawn up, summarizing all relevant elements considered by jury members, as well as their individual votes and justifications.
8. After completion of the evaluation process, the jury will draw up a ranking of successful candidates with their classifications.
9. Hiring will be decided by the Chairman of the Board of Directors of FCiências.ID, based on the final jury recommendation.
10. The evaluation results will be published on the website of the FCiências.ID (http://www.fciencias-id.pt/ "Concursos" tab). The candidates will be individually notified of the evaluation results by e-mail sent to the address indicated in the "Personal Data" section of the submitted form.
11. With the notification referred to in paragraph 10, the hearing phase of interested parties referred to in Article 121 et seq. of the CPA will begin, and last for ten working days.
12. The possible pronouncement of the candidate in a prior hearing must be addressed to the President of the jury and submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. The President of the jury will convene a jury’s meeting to produce the final decision, within thirty working days.
13. Within five working days of the final jury decision, the Chairman of the Board of Directors of FCiências.ID will approve it and the candidates will be notified.
14. The communication between FCiências.ID (email@example.com) and the candidates will be electronic and will comply with the following rules:
a) At the time of electronic submission of any document - namely in the case of
paragraph no 12 - the candidates must generate proof of "sent message".
b) FCiências.ID will send an email message acknowledging documents received to the
email address used by the candidates, within two working days.
c) In case of absence of a confirmation receipt by FCiências.ID – showing the possibility
of technical problems that should neither be the responsibility of the candidate nor
FCiências.ID - the candidates should contact FCiências.ID, with the proof referred to in
point (a), to ensure delivery and proper receipt of the documents concerned.X. Compliance with public policies
1. FCiências.ID actively promotes a policy of non-discrimination and equal access, so that no candidate can be privileged, benefited, disadvantaged or deprived of any right or exempt from any duty due to, inter alia, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, economic situation, education, social origin or condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological beliefs and trade union membership.
2. Under the terms of D.L. No. 29/2001, of February 3, a disabled candidate has a preference in equal classification, which prevails over any other legal preference. Candidates must declare their respective degree of disability, the type of disability and the means of communication / expression to be used in the selection process, under the terms of the above-mentioned diploma. XI. Submission of Applications
1. The present call will be open from 29th April to 12th May 2022.
2. The application and all the required documents may be submitted in Portuguese or English.
3. Applications will be submitted online, through the electronic platform of FCiências.ID (http://concursos.fciencias-id.pt).
4. On the electronic platform, applicants will complete a mandatory section on Personal Data [name, address, date of birth, contact email, nationality and scientific identifiers] and upload files with the documents listed below:
i. Detailed curriculum vitae - mandatory - CV may be provided in PDF format or through
the CIÊNCIAVITAE system;
ii. A motivation letter clearly demonstrating that the candidate has an adequate profile
for the position and fully complies with the Admission Requirements - mandatory;
iii. Digital copies of documents proving formal academic degrees and/or other scientific
and professional qualifications - original documents must be provided in case of
actual recruitment - mandatory;
iv. Other documents that candidates consider relevant for the assessment of their
scientific merit, or to declare the personal situation in the cases covered in section
X-2 of this Notice – optional;
v. Two reference letters, which must be attached to the application or sent to the email
firstname.lastname@example.org until 23h59 on 12th May 2022 (Lisbon time) - mandatory.
5. By decision of the Chairman of the Board of Directors of FCiências.ID, candidates who do not submit the documents identified in paragraph 4 will not be admitted to the call. In case of doubts, the Chairman may also invite candidates to substantiate specific data or statements with official supporting documents, before accepting the candidates’ submission.
This Public Note was approved by the jury on 28th April 2022.