La Caixa Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowships Programme - Incoming frame
La Caixa foundation opens 35 PhD fellowships for early-stage researchers of any nationality to pursue their PhD studies in research centres accredited with the Spanish Seal of Excellence Severo Ochoa, María de Maeztu or Health Institute Carlos III and Portuguese units accredited as “excellent” or “exceptional” according to the evaluation of the Fundação de Ciência e Tecnologia
For doing their research in Portuguese institutions, candidates cannot have resided in Portugal for more than 12 months in the last 3 years
The Instituto de Astrofísica e Ciências do Espaço (IA)
is the most prominent research unit in the field of Astrophysics in Portugal, integrating researchers from the University of Porto and the University of Lisbon, and is responsible for a major fraction of the national productivity in international ISI journals in this area. The research and development effort at the IA includes most of the topics at the forefront of research in astrophysics and space sciences, complemented by work on instrumentation and systems with potential use in astronomy and astrophysics.
The applications have to be submitted through the following webpage:https://obrasociallacaixa.org/en/investigacion-y-becas/programa-de-becas-de-posgrado/inphinit/programme-description
The list of available projects can be found here, please select ''IASTRO - Instituto de Astrofísica e Ciências do Espaço'' in the ''RESEARCH CENTRE''
The Instituto de Astrofísica e Ciências do Espaço offers 10 projects within this call
defined in any of the five different thematic lines (planets, stars, galaxies, cosmology and instrumentation):
- Unveiling the composition of exoplanets atmospheres with CHEOPS and ESPRESSO
Supervisors: Olivier Demangeon and Gabriella Gilli
- How rare is the Earth and the Solar System architecture?
Supervisor: Pedro Viana
- Probing inside the cores of giant stars with ultra-precise space-based data
Supervisors: Margarida Cunha, Pedro Avelino and Mathieu Vrard
- Galactic archaeology of solar-type stars with the NASA TESS mission
Supervisors: Tiago Campante and Vardan Adibekyan
- New insights into stellar physics from the NASA-TESS survey on A-type stars
Supervisor: Margarida Cunha
- Reconstruction of the mass assembly history of Active Galactic Nuclei with FADO
Supervisors: Jean Michel Gomes and Polychronis Papaderos
- Exploring AGN activity at the heyday of galaxy evolution
Supervisors: Jose Afonso, Israel Matute and Ciro Pappalardo
- The physically resolved properties of distant galaxies with MUSE, HST and Euclid
Supervisor: Jarle Brinchman
- Black hole physics and astrophysical tests of metric-affine gravity
Supervisor: Diego Rubiera-Garcia
- High photometric stability source for astronomical sensor calibration
Supervisor: Manuel Abreu, Alexandre Cabral Timeline:
6 February 2019
Deadline for submitting applications.
20 February 2019
Deadline for submitting the language certificate.
23 April 2019
Notification of the shortlist results.
28 and 29 May 2019
Face-to-face interviews in Barcelona.
4 June 2019
Publication of the final list of selected candidates.
From 4 June 2019 to 5 July 2019
Matching research centre – fellow.